Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I'm Staying in Cambridge!

Dear Family,

Here are the answers to your questions.

Question #1: What scripture would you have had on your missionary plaque if our ward still did them?

Alma 29:9 - I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Question #2: What is President Patch's main strength or focus?

President Patch's main strength, hmm, not exactly sure. Something I have come to know with him is that he puts us where God wants us to be. He calls leaders and companions that help us grow in the best way possible.

Question #3: Have you met any British royalty such as a duke yet?

I haven't met anyone of royalty, what a shame.

Transfers: Oh my days, I thought I was going to leave for sure, but I'm staying in Cambridge! Elder Vitorio heads off to Tendering to be District Leader in another District in our Zone. Elder Bionde from Italy comes here with me, don't know a whole lot about him but he has been out for just 1 transfer.

Baptism: The baptism on Sunday went really well, I feel great about Prasna's future as a member of this church.

It's been a good week. I have to say, I was sure I was leaving Cambridge. I had to force myself not to think too much about what would happen. Now I've got a lot of responsibility. Not only do I have to continue to grow myself, but I have to help a newer missionary grow as well. The great thing about having a young missionary is that he will hopefully be moldable.

Exact obedience is my goal this transfer, along with broadening my abilities. We have so many rules as missionaries because we need blessings, and blessings come with obedience. "There is a law irrevocably decreed. . ." I can't wait to get to know a new person and really bring this area higher.

We got new packets that we are to use in Companionship study for the next 2 transfers, and we also get DVD players to watch Preach My Gospel movies on during Companionship study. It's great to see all the changes that happen to improve missionary work. My focus has to increase even more with so many things to keep going without a senior companion.

Congratulations to Joseph and Olivia on being Married. I expect at least 2 children by the time I get back. Haha. (You could have twins.)

Have fun at the reunions, play some night games, play some card games and board games.

I can't wait to see what transfer 3 has in store. Both 1 and 2 resulted in a totally different person. Strangely enough transfer 2 was much more of a change than I thought it could be. I suppose 3 could be the same.

If you could send me Emma's address that would be great. I have a Portuguese letter for her.

I love you guys.

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment