Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Six Investigators at Church This Week

Dear Family,

Here are the answers to your questions.

Question #1: What did you learn at your last Zone Conference?

I learned about how the gospel brings people onto steady ground, and heard testimonies from all the new missionaries in our zone. There are four. Kind of sad, to be honest, I'm not sure any of them really have testimonies yet, but if they work with the right attitude they will.

Question #2: How many kids are there in the average British family?

Umm, not really sure, in our ward probably about 4, but maybe British is one.

Question #3: Have you taught any families?

Nope, that bothers me.

Matt, I nearly burst out laughing here in the library when I read your question. (Mom's note: Don't ask.)

Say hello to Jeff for me too.

Really really good. Still we aren't seeing as much success as I would like, but there is a steady incline in a lot of our work. Six investigators were at church this week, which is fantastic. And I gave a talk, so my companion was left to herd all six investigators. One investigator will be baptized on the 31st. Can't complain, we just need to find more investigators and teach more lessons.

I love being a missionary, we are surrounded by people with so much knowledge. If I ever have a question I can ask my companion, District Leader, Zone Leaders, AP's, President Patch, a million other people. . . It is so great, this last few weeks I have been learning so much from other missionaries.

Transfers are coming up this next week, crazy stuff will happen since 20 new missionaries come for the second transfer in a row. Right when I started writing this letter the office called and got my details to get a driver's license here. . . Maybe I'll move to an area with a car and drive? Don't know.

Mom, clearly my arm is much more muscular than Matt's. Let's be serious now. . . haha. (Mom's note: I had mentioned to him that I briefly thought it was Andy's arm that was suddenly thrust in front of me with a sacrament tray at church, but of course it turned out to be Matt's.)

I'm going to miss my first family reunions ever, crazy stuff. Matt, head up the night games for me, would ya?

Choosing to serve a mission was the best thing I ever did, I just regret I didn't learn more before, make time to study every day.

I give up on sending pictures by email so I will use your CD's and send them to you by mail.

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment