Thursday, March 28, 2013

Think, Eat, and Sleep New Investigators

Dear Family,

Here are the answers to your questions.
 
Question #1:  What are some easy meals you think any missionary could make? (The Young Men in our ward are going to have cooking lessons to prepare for missions.)


It's hard to say, because there are things you can get in some places but not in others. Here I love a good beans on toast, tortellini with cheese, etc.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Question #2: What were you most grateful for last week?
 
I am most grateful for our Branch Mission Leader. He doesn't have a lot of money, his health is quite poorly, but he does a lot for us. Yesterday in Priesthood he strongly encouraged the members to think of someone they can refer to us, it was great.

Questioin #3: What was your favorite lesson you taught last week?

Last week we taught Alan and Heather about Christ-like attributes. We taught all the pre-baptism lessons, so we are getting a bit more creative now. They are really good kids.

Last week was a great character building week. We didn't have the success that we hoped for, but it help me to reflect. I am happy to be a missionary, I have been well blessed, and I will do Heavenly Father's will even if it doesn't always make sense to me.

We as well got some snow last week, it hasn't melted yet though.


I really enjoy learning from Elder Whittaker about the scriptures and church history. Oddly enough I now enjoy reading, and talking with Elder Whittaker, there is so much I want to learn more about.

This week we have set a goal to find 3 new investigators. We have put up reminders on the wall, and decided that we will think, eat, and sleep new investigators. It's amazing that when we have strong desires for something, ideas and opportunities come.

Tonight we have a Branch fireside for singles and Elder Delannoy and I will each be talking about our missions. I hope I'm not "stunned" in that situation. It's difficult, there's so much I could share, but I need to decide what will be best.

Matt, that story about the test was amazing, what a genius. We listened to a talk from President Monson that that story reminds me of. President Monson was in a class, he noticed a student that never came prepared for the lessons, and he wondered, "what will he do when it comes to the final exam." The day of the final exam came, it was very cold, President Monson noticed that the student was wearing flip flops. They all put their books on the ground for the test, then the student took off his flip flops and flipped throught the pages of his book for the answers. The student got one of the highest grades in the class. Later for another test, the teacher last minute changes it from a written test to an oral test. President Monson said something like, "The student now had his foot in his mouth." Haha.

I've been doing my best to exercise as well dad. Right now I do push ups (normal and triangle), sit-ups, ab wheel, and use dumb bells mainly for my biceps. I'm going to need to start jogging again so Matt doesn't wear me down on the ultimate field.

What Lisa, you don't have a halo over your head? I do.

Thanks for reminding me of that talk mom, I think I'll pull it out and give it a study again.

Have a great week, I will.

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment