Friday, March 22, 2013

Cold Hands and Being More Thankful

Dear Family,

Here are the answers to your questions.
 
Question #1: Have you had any snow lately?

Last week we had a day where it was a mix between hail and snow. That was the strangest day of weather I have seen in my life. Sunshine, blizzard, sunshine, blizzard, etc.

Question #2: Will the Whittakers stay in the Tendring branch for their whole mission?

I am not sure, they may or may not. I know the church leased the flat for 1 year to start.

Question #3: What were some of the tasks that you put on the calendar you made for Heather and Alan to help prepare them for baptism?

Read the scriptures, do something nice for your mom, be positive today, etc.

Who would have thought, Alan and Heather's baptism now looks to be on April 13th. To our horror they want us to sing a song with their mother at the baptism. They will regret that. They are great kids, they make me laugh a lot, and I think I might make them laugh too much.

The Branch is so good to us. At times I get a bit frustrated that the work isn't going better, but they are positive with us. I always remember good old President Patch, he always said, "Elder Larsen you're a great missionary, I've got great confidence in you!"

Right now I am working on being more Thankful for all the blessings that I receive, even the things that don't seem like blessings. I was making a list the other day of changes in me throughout my mission and I'm so grateful. There is still so much to do, I've got to make the most of my time.

Wow mom, try to stay all in one piece please.

Hah, the cold weather continues, I have inherited dad's poor circulation. Every time we shake hands with people they mention that my hands are cold and Elder Delannoy's are not. Even though I wear gloves and sometimes he doesn't. Like you Lisa, I am waiting for Spring, and more excited than ever for it.

Matt, I remember going on a camp out like that too. They tried to demand that I take a tent, I refused. That night it rained and rained, I didn't sleep too well. Good times.

Dad, I must let you know that I am having to fight daydreaming about dirt biking these days.

I try not to think too much about the munchkins or else I get too excited to see them.

I emailed Elder Sikahema last week and he replied, he's giving me some great tips to stay focused.

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment