Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Great New Investigator Family

Dear Family,

Here are the answers to your questions.

Question 1: How was the fireside last Sunday? What did you say?

It was really good. I spoke about my conversion and my mission. I also explained about how the church is in Provo and how pathetic my commitment was at times. Haha.

Question 2: What authentic British dish will you make for us when you get home?

Ummm, I'll try to make Toad in the Hole. It didn't ever work out making Yorkshire puddings with that guy, so I'll have to find someone else to teach me.

Question 3: What has been one of your biggest changes since going on your mission?

It's difficult to say what the biggest change has been. I have realized what the important things in life are.

It's a bank holiday today, so the library is closed. Right now I am at the Whittakers. It is great to be here. I was talking with Elder Whittaker about all sorts of things while Elder Delannoy wrote his family.

We went to Colchester for church yesterday rather than the school because it is closed for Easter. It was a great service. At the end for the combined portion they did a presentation for the advertising being done in central London in response to the Book of Mormon musical.

We found a great new investigator family last week. We knocked on a door and a man came to the door, "We're missionaries from the church of Jesus Christ and we are sharing about the Book of Mormon".

"Would you like to come in?" he said.

We went in and explained the Book of Mormon, the Saviour, and the restoration. He said everything we said goes with the Bible and when he looked at Elder Delannoy's Quad he asked how he could get one. He said he wanted to buy one but we said we could bring him an old one. We did the next day and taught a proper Restoration lesson and it's great so far. We should see him tomorrow, he's a great man.

Sounds like good things are happening across the pond. I've got interviews tomorrow with President and Zone Meeting on Thursday. Have a great week.

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment