Monday, January 7, 2013

Are You Missionaries?

Dear Family,

Here are the answers to your questions.
 
Question #1: Has it been freezing cold in Duston like it has in Provo lately?

Actually, the weather has been fantastic for the last 3 or 4 weeks. Every day it is between 6 and 10 degrees Celsius (43-50 degrees F). Not too shabby at all.

Question #2: What do the English do to celebrate the New Year? What did you do?

There are big fireworks in London and all around the country, other than that I think similar to the U.S. So we secretly wen to London to watch the fireworks at midnight... or we just went to bed at 10:30 as usual. Haha.

Question #3: What is a good teaching experience you had last week?

Last week we were heading to a dinner appointment with some members about 10 minutes late and in a fast pace. We walked by a couple of Chinese students, just as we walked passed the girl said, "Are you missionaries?" We had a nice conversation and found out she knows the church in Hong Kong and had been to Salt Lake City. We exchanged details and continued on rushing. The following Saturday we had an appointment with them (She and her Boyfriend). They made us a nice Chinese lunch. After the lunch her other Chinese friend came in and we taught a lesson, it was great. They are all coming to church this next Sunday and we'll work on getting them baptized!

Hah, Elder Krebbs, what a great missionary he was. I served around Elder Krebbs for 6 months, he was my District Leader and Zone Leader. (Mom's note: Andy's cousin, Julia, works with Elder Krebbs at BYU.)
 
I see in the pictures that there seems to be a new fence around the garden, and the kitchen isn't the kitchen anymore.

No, no, no, Lisa of course there are no sketchy people here in England. I didn't get verbally and physically attacked last Saturday, I didn't have the police called on us while we were tracting, the man in the flat below us does not use illegal drugs... Haha. Don't worry it wasn't really physically attacked.

There I was in Huntingdon area doing a little blitz with the missionaries there knocking doors. Elder Fullmer and I knocked on a door, a dog started barking like mad, then a man answered the door. I took a short uneasy look at the dog (German Shepard) then started to say, "Hello there s..." but was interrupted by, "Swear word every other word commanding us to leave and never come back." We walked away being yelled at, walked around the other side and knocked the next door. As we came out from knocking that door he came out across his yard towards us with his dog (sound familiar Joey?). Still swearing every other word asking us if we understand we are to never come back again, etc. In the process he gave me a nice push, which I am excited about. I have been trying to write more in my Journal and Heavenly Father has blessed me greatly. Mom, don't you love the way Heavenly Father answers my prayers? (Mom's note: No, I do not. Why do my boys value persecution so much?)

The work has been picking up again after the Holidays. Roger should be baptized a week from Saturday, and we have quite a few other people that we hope to set baptismal dates with. We have set a goal to have 12 lessons taught to investigators with a member present this week. Church yesterday was fantastic, a Less-Active member we have been working with bore an amazing testimony and in Elders Quorum quite a few people got up and shared missionary experiences.

I got one of the Christmas letters you guys sent. Matt, I can't thank you enough for that letter. I love you guys.

Elder Larsen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment