Monday, July 23, 2012

My Mission President Doesn't Look Like Tim Duncan

Dear Family,

Question #1: Have you received our package with the camera battery charger?

Yes, we just got back from the Mission Office with it. Thank you very much.

Question #2: Are you still getting rained on a lot?

Yes, it is still raining. We handle it ok, it's just so unpredictable. About every day last week I would look out the window to see the sun shining and put on a short sleeve shirt then at about 3:00 it would be cold and raining. People are a lot easier to talk to when they don't have rain pounding on their heads.

Question #3: Did you participate in any of the events celebrating the 175th anniversary of the gospel being taught in England?

The day of the anniversary was the dedication of the Hyde Park Chapel which we went to.

Mom, it's funny you say that about President Jordan looking like my role models because just this morning I saw a bit of Grandpa Hall in him. He doesn't quite look like Tim Duncan though, far too short.

Elder Ashcroft.... how exciting. To be honest, I was thinking the same thing. If I'm chilled to the bone here in England, what will toothpick Devin be like in Montana?

I'm not sure where the Gameboy is, Matt, but I'll bet there is a set of scriptures in the house somewhere you can read. I love to read the scriptures and wish I would have read more previous to my mission. Two of my main regrets are lack of scripture study and learning languages.

This morning we had a meeting with President Jordan and a few others about what we will do for the Olympics. The Hyde Park Zone will be having 3-4 companionships every day on Exhibition Road and in Hyde Park. There will be musical firesides at the chapel, a missionary choir in front of the chapel one morning, and another email program.

Solomon came to church and during Priesthood we had people sharing missionary experiences. Solomon came up and shared how after meeting with us he went and shared the Gospel with a homeless man and gave him some food. The next day the guy was clean shaven and looking much better. Members of the ward were surprised when they found out that he wasn't a member. The Ward Mission leader said, "I thought you were a member, man. What a legend!" (In his awesome Welsh accent.)

Just over a week and the Olympics will get going. Who knows how it will affect our work and area.

I'll do my best to make up for the lost time with pictures, the Olympics should make for a few good ones.

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment