Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Email Program During the Olympics

Dear Family,

Question #1: What is the email program you mentioned in your last letter?

Since people will be rushing during the Olympics, and will also be from other countries, we will have a program where they text their email to a number or we write it down and send it in for them. When this is done, they will weekly receive an email with a Mormon message and other links.

Question #2: What was your most memorable experience last week?

On Saturday I bumped into a lady I had talked to earlier in the week. She was with her two daughters and we invited her to Church. She is from Eritrea (just above Ethiopia). They usually attend a Christian Orthodox church where they speak Tegringya but she wants her children to learn better English. Yesterday she came to church and her kids really liked it. We will see them tomorrow. Eritrea is very small but in our area we  have met quite a few people from there. They are very nice. This month we have had about 5 new investigators from Eritrea.

Question #3: What have you learned from your companion in the last week?

Last week Elder Montgomery focused on the Apostasy and Restoration in his street contacting. I learned a lot from that. When we clearly explain apostasy and restoration people better understand that we are sharing a unique message.

I took a video when the torch went by the Church here in Walthamstow but it's too big to send. I've not taken many pictures since charging the camera but today we'll go to Stratford which is where the Olympic Village is. I will try to take many pictures.

They made a change of plans for the Olympics. Everyone in the Zone will be going to work at the Olympics 2+ days a week except us. Haha. I guess we are worthless since we don't speak any other languages. Luckily, there is a spot in our area that is a 20 minute walk from Stratford that has some Olympic stuff going on as well.

Oh boy, right now, just to the side and slightly behind my head, there is a TV which sounds like Basketball is on. Temptation.

I used to think that Joey, me and Matt were nothing alike at all. Actually we are more alike. Sometimes I look at a picture of me and it looks like Matt.

Perspective now and before my mission is totally different. I used to think there was no such thing as different accents within America (besides New Joysey and Cowboys). Now I have noticed there are lots of different accents. Sometimes I laugh when we talk to Americans.

It has been another great week as a missionary. We have tried street contacting in a few new places. Solomon is still doing great. I don't know if I ever emailed about Gareth. His wife is a member in Hong Kong. He was taught by missionaries there and almost baptized. We bumped into him his first day moving into Tottenham and are now teaching him. He is super good and excited to be baptized.

Have a great week. I love you.

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment