Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I Love Being in This Mission

Dear Family,

Question #1: What's the scoop on your two new companions?

Elder Montgomery is from Centerville, Utah. He is a really great missionary. Elder Birberg is from Sweden. Both of these missionaries are top notch. Elder Montgomery has been out for 11 months and Elder Birberg has 1 month left.

Question #2: What do you do different as a trio in finding, etc?

So far we haven't done too much very different. We always split up and talk to people, we have been talking to loads of people. It can be interesting to teach people with members, 4 on 1, it can be a bit daunting. This week we will go on splits with members allowing us to be twice as effective.

Question #3: What is different and what is the same about Lea Valley the second time around?

Now there is just one companionship in Lea Valley, one floor of the house (aka Lea Valley Mansion) for each of us. It is a lot warmer than when I was here before, but still not really summer yet. We still have some of those April showers. Lots of things seem to be the same. The Hyde Park Chapel is open and will be dedicated in July by the Area President, Elder Kopishka.

It has been a great week here in Lea Valley. It is good to be back. All three of us standing in front of the chapel and inviting people in has been great.

I really enjoy our companionship, we all seem to lift each other to higher levels and have a common goal. If we ever have a problem, we can all talk about it and do what is right. It is the first time in a long time that I have been with experienced missionaries, so it will be exciting.

Today we had Zone Meeting at the Hyde Park Chapel. In the morning I was looking at the old Mission Presidents, wow. There are 4 or 5 prophets on there and a good number of apostles. I just love being in this mission. I can't believe that when I opened my call I was slightly disappointed. The Lord knows best.

We also had stake conference this past Sunday. During the service I really had in my mind letting the gospel change you. I look back on my mission at the rapid change that happened to me early on. I have noticed that we change the most when we set our wills aside and focus on the will of the Father, which is to serve others. Heavenly Father didn't send us to take the easy way out. I hope to re-evaluatae my missionary service now and make any improvements to increase my rate of change.

There is a missionary here in my Zone called Elder Lawrence, he went to the same high school as Michael.

Mom, you must not know very many missionaries. (Mom's note: I told him he was the most amazing missionary I know. I guess I better rephrase that in my next letter.)

I'm having a strange time imagining Lincoln as a dad, haha. By the time I get back old Cec will be 3 years old. (Mom's note: If that were true, Andy would have to extend his mission 2 years! Which is obviously what he wishes he could do.)

Things are going great, have a great week.

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment