Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Running Around Wembley Stadium

Dear Family,

Question #1: Have you ever received your birthday package?

No, I haven't received it yet. The Zone Leaders will be in South Kensington on Friday, maybe they will get it or maybe not, but that's ok.

Question #2: What have you learned about your new companion?

Elder Young is from Wales, he comes from a split family, he likes video games, and he has lost over 30 lbs on his mission 5 months in. He wears me out in the morning running around Wembley Stadium. He has already lost about 5 lbs so far this transfer so I'm doing my job. He is great, we ran home from an appointment the other day and made it home just on time.

Question #3: How is your new area?

It is a good area, we do some good finding around places in Zones 2-5 of London. The members seem to be pretty missionary minded. I am enjoying it a lot so far.

Joey, how on earth did you find out that they call them (the tube or subway) chubes?

Neither of us know our address off the top of our heads. But rumor has it that there will be another area opened up in Wembley. We need to a call a guy to look at a two bedroom flat. Next transfer it is very likely we will have 2 companionships here in Wembley.

Oooh, March Madness....focus Elder, haha.

I am totally going to run in the Olympics. I wll run around vs Bolt with my badge and suit, he's not so fast...

Mom, I just moved into a new flat as well. Missionaries don't have very much time to unpack and organize, so..... could you come arrange my stuff as well? Maybe Lisa could come and make some pizza pockets and pretzels as well. But, when we get back you will have to get out of the flat because we can't be in the flat with women. No hugs either, haha.

I love my mission. I've been thinking a lot lately and I think I want to permanently change my name to Elder.

Mission work here is good. We first taught an investigator that didn't have a baptism date and set one for the 17th, then he called us and wanted to move it to the 6th, so we did. Samuel will be baptized tomorrow. Another investigator called Cortney, from America, will be baptized on the 17th.

We are setting goals to do some major work and see some major miracles so that the area will be prepared for 4 Elders. We will be fasting and praying and working to see miracles.

Elder Young is gaining a lot of confidence now. In his previous 5 months his companions have been very dominant so now that he does a more equal amount of teaching he is feeling great. He is so willing to do the right thing, I am so happy to serve with him. The Zone we are in is great as well. My old District Leader, Elder Krebs, is one of the Zone Leaders and it is great to serve around him again.

We will be getting Zone T-shirts with the Olympics symbol but with certain things switched into it like England London Mission and Watford Zone. Things are going really good right now. I love my companion.

Have a great week. Please pray that our Zone can get 3 new investigators a week and 4 investigators at church a week. Love you.

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment