Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Two Emails Two Days Late

Dear Family,

The library was closed on Monday and Tuesday so today is the day we can email but I have a letter that I shall send you instead of writing much now so we can do some good work.

Here are the answers to your questions.

Question #1: What were you served for Christmas dinner?

Roast meal, yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, turkey, duck, carrots, tried some horse radish, etc.

Question #2: What were the highlights of your Christmas?

Seeing how great the ward looks after us, being able to make Christmas a bit happier for Sister Page, and talking to you.

Question #3: Can we send things to the mission office yet or is it still being remodeled?

I believe it's still under construction.

Great to talk to you guys. Matt, enough of the pish posh.

Elder Larsen

A few minutes later. . . .

Dear Family,

Well, it seems I have 10 minutes while Elder Mahendran finishes his letter to the President.

I love the potential we have as Children of God. Today at District Meeting we had a training by our Zone Leader Elder Solomon (he is a monster). It was on effective study. I am so excited to improve my study. I need to start using a journal more often.

As a mission, everyone is setting goals for the year 2012 (if the world doesn't end). In our district we are taking 3-5 missionaries that have impacted us and 3-5 Book of Mormon heroes and looking at their attributes to set goals for what we want to become.

The missionaries I look up to are Elder Sikahema (my daddy), Elder Paramalingam (Elder Mahendran's counterpart), Elder Solomon, and Elder Mahendran (my baby). The Book of Mormon heroes I chose are Abinadi, Ammon, Helaman, and Captain Moroni. That is a lot of power right there to look at but if the coming year is anything like this one, with Heavenly Father's help, I can accomplish a lot.

Love you,

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment