Monday, February 11, 2013

Proper Meals and Last Minute Talks

Dear Family,

Here are the answers to your questions.
 
Question #1: What have you and your companion been eating now that you've had a chance to do some proper grocery shopping?

We had a proper breakfast every morning last week, things like bacon, eggs, pancakes, beans, and so forth. We had tortellini with a special blue cheese sauce, chicken nuggets and fries, burritos, and pasta. This week will be even better.

Question #2: What talent does your companion have that is helpful in missionary work?

He has a very strong French accent that people like to hear.

Question #3: What new approach have you used when finding investigators?

I haven't been using many new approaches recently, more just recycling through old ones. I'll try some new ones this week and let you know how they go.

This week was really good. We saw a lot of progress in the people that we can work with. We had a dinner and shared a message with a part member family, and they invited a friend. The friend asked for a Book of Mormon, and the 2 children both want to be baptized. We are going to continue teaching them and help them overcome a couple of obstacles they have that their mother mentioned.

On another day we were talking to people in town and I stopped a guy. He asked if he could get something out of his car then came back. He had a few pages of an article about the church that he got off the internet (they were a bit anti, but at least he was interested in the church). He opened up to a page that showed how the Book of Mormon was different than the Bible. ... The Bible says that Christ was born in Bethlehem, the Book of Mormon said he would be born in Jerusalem... I responded, "OK, Elder Dellanoy where are you from?"

"Paris" he said,

"Are you really from Paris?" I said.

"No, just right next to Paris" he said.

"You see, the people in the Book of Mormon wouldn't have understood Bethlehem, all they knew of was Jerusalem," I explained.

He accepted that and we taught him in the Library, we should see him again this week.

Last minute Saturday evening we got a call from the Branch President and got asked to give a 10 minute talk each because someone dropped. I am so thankful that my mission has helped me so that that isn't such a scary thing anymore. It was still scary, but not nearly as much as before.

We are still reading the Book of Mormon as a mission, now we are in the Alma 30's. I really love the story of the people of Ammon.

So wait, is Julia getting married soon too?

I got Paul's wedding invitation in the post. Sorry, I won't be able to make it. Haha.

I love you too.

Elder Larsen
 
P.S. So, I had my camera here to send some pictures but the computer doesn't have a slot for my sd card. Today I'll try to buy an adapter so I can send them next week.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment