Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I Know the Book of Mormon is True


Dear Family,

Here are the answers to your questions.
Question #1: How close are the nearest missionaries to you?

The nearest missionaries live in Colchester, which is about 15 minutes by train.

Question #2: How long has your companion been on his mission?

Elder Delannoy has been on his mission for 4 1/2 months.

Question #3: What percentage of missionaries in your mission are American? It seems like you've had an extra high percentage of foreign companions, is that true?

I couldn't tell you for sure what the percentage of American to non-American missionaries is, but yes I have had loads of non-American companions. I believe more than the average bear.

Good grief, Marty looks like he has got some attitude. Haha, I was making funny faces at a 3 year-old at church yesterday who was the same.


This week was pretty good, the work is moving forward with the Ward. Investigator wise it has been a difficult week, but we have been led to some better places to knock doors. On Saturday we had a step in lesson with a man, it went pretty well, we were able to share the Restoration. Sadly, when we pulled out the Book of Mormon, he quickly wrapped things up and we were on our way. His reaction to the Book of Mormon really disappointed me, he saw it on my face, and said, "You don't need to be disappointed, you should be happy that I let you in and that I believe in Christ." (He was a member of the Church of England). I replied, "I thank you for your kindness, I'm just sad that you aren't willing to read the Book of Mormon and find out for yourself if it is true." I hope that he remembers the short message we shared with him and has a desire to learn more in the future.

There is so much to learn in the church, lately I have been going through Ensign articles about the Book of Mormon. Some talk about the evidence that supports it, which is very nice and interesting to learn, but I have learned on my mission that a spiritual witness from the Holy Ghost is essential. I know the Book of Mormon is true.

Matt, it is very sad that you lost your friend. Don't let it get you down in the wrong way, let it make you a better person.

Thanks for your prayers. I love you.

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment