Tuesday, October 4, 2011

*MIRACLE*

Dear Family,

Answers to your questions:

Question #1: When, where and how did you watch General Conference?

General Conference was great. We watched the Saturday Morning Session live at 5:00 pm on Saturday at a member's home. We watched the Saturday Afternoon Session, the Priesthood Session and the Sunday Morning Session in the Romford Chapel on Sunday. Priesthood was at 10:00 am, Saturday Afternoon Session was at 1:00 pm and the Sunday Morning Session was live at 5:00 pm. I think we watch the last session next week at church or maybe at a member's home.

Question #2: What is the difference between the people in South End compared to Cambridge?

The people in Cambridge probably wouldn't say I talk posh, and the South End think I do. They talk much differently. We can't very well walk around town center past 7ish. The ward is nicer than the ward in Cambridge though. It's a bit more dodgey here.

Question #3: What is your ward or branch like?

It's a ward and it's probably the same size as Cambridge or so. The people are pretty nice. Because of past missionaries they aren't very strict as far as helping the missionaries keep rules.

General Conference was very good. It was the first time ever that I was totally focused the whole time. I took notes from every talk and made one goal for improvement from the 25 so far.

I really enjoyed Elder Callister's talk. He was very bold and it was great. Of course Elder Holland's talk in Priesthood was nice, obviously. President Monson said, "Be ready to stand alone". I liked that. Probably my favorite thing I took away was from Henry B. Eyring. He talked about how a test of spiritual power is how hard we push ourselves physically for a good cause.

My favorite part about Conference was when, during President Monson's talk, an investigator said, "I want to get baptized." *Miracle* I told you about the inactive lady we met and we are teaching her 3 children. This week we watched Joseph Smith Prophet of the Restoration with them. The next day the mom called and said, "You did something to my son." He ended up changing his religious views on Facebook from not believing into Mormon. He is 16. Then at Conference her 13 year-old daughter said she wanted to baptized. Tonight we will set baptism dates with both of them. It will either be something like October 22 or a week or two after. The youngest daughter hasn't been too involved yet.

The mom - Amanda
16 year-old - Craig
13 year-old - Ashley
11 year-old - not sure

Last week we taught Sunday School and talked about the Word of Wisdom. Fancy that, somehow McDonald's was brought up. A member asked me if I had tried the new 1955 burger and I explained it's not in the missionary budget. Later that night at the Book of Mormon Fireside Amanda said she would get me a 1955 burger and we are going there tonight and she is getting me one!

Things are starting to "look up". My companion expressed a desire to change and be better. Hopefully things take a 180.

I have really enjoyed learning a lot this week. I am so impressed with the power that comes from the leaders of the Church. I hope we can all remember the things that are expected of us and apply what we know. I know that the First presidency and 12 Apostles are called of God. How lucky we are to live in this day.

I am planning to buy a new sd card for my camera so I can just send you the card, if it's not too expensive that is. Unluckily I ordered a couple small copies of the Book of Mormon and a hymn book and it charged me $30 shipping, which I did not notice. Arg. Next week we are going to London for P-day so if you could put some money in my account for travel and maybe some other knick knacks it would be appreciated.

I am getting wide, I weigh about 135 now, gasp. The cook book I am making may take a while but I have made some pictures of my work out routine that Matt can start following to prepare.

Have a great week. I love you,

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment