Monday, May 16, 2011

I'm Already a Different Person

(This letter came via airmail. They must have had him write home before letting him know where he was assigned because he gives no clue.)

Dear Family,

Got here today, May 11th. The London Mission is considered to be the oldest mission in the world. The Mission President is nice and so are all the people here.

I'm a little worried about diving into the work but I'm also so excited because that will be the way I learn best. I'm already a different person. My life will never be the same. I used to think, "I can't ever be an outgoing person". Wrong. My life is changed for the better and I'm not done yet.

You hear about how people come off missions and become inactive - no way. I can't and won't ever deny I know this is all true. This message is a message that will better people's lives. I thought it was funny/lame that, when asked why they were on a mission, some people at the MTC said, "tradition". I can tell you right now, I'm here to better other people's lives and my own.

I know the gospel is true, Joseph Smith is/was a prophet of God, Thomas S. Monson is the prophet of God, the Book of Mormon is true, and so much more.

-Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment