Friday, November 2, 2012

Too Bad I Didn't Get Thrown In Jail

Dear Family,

Here are the answers to your questions.

Question #1: Did you, by chance, almost go to jail recently?

Yes, actually. How on earth did you know? Haha. So, about 2 weeks ago we were tracting in a village and got stopped by police two times asking who we were and what we were doing because there had been some burglaries in the area. We thought that was a bit odd but continued on thinking not much of it. We only found out yesterday that there had been a rumor spread that we were the thieves because we had been tracting there the day before as well. A friend of some members that lived there told them about it. It was all sorted out by the members in the end. They had agreed not to tell us but we found out anyways. It's too bad I didn't get thrown in jail.

Question #2: It's transfers this coming week, what is happening with you?

I am staying here in Duston. Elder Brownlee is going down to Watford (where the Ensign picture was taken). My new companion will be Elder Klobcic. I think he is from Slovakia or something. I haven't served around him at all so far.

Question #3: What have been some of the highlights of your week?

Well, it has been quite a crazy week. I was on exchanges in other areas on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Last night we had our ward pumpkin party. That was quite fun. The cars were nicely decorated for trunk or treat. This morning we did some service for the next door neighbor of a member. Including us, there were about 10 people from the ward to help at one point. We cut down a tree, pulled weeds, trimmed bushes, and much more. The lady will be coming to church tomorrow for the Primary Program with her daughter and hopefully we can start teaching her.

The reason I write today is that President Jordan has a meeting in Germany next Wednesday (the normal moves day) so, instead of having moves calls on Monday, we had them last night and our P-day is today. I probably should have told you that in my last email but it slipped my mind. (Mom's note: So yes, we were surprised to get his email on Saturday instead of Monday. Sadly, we hadn't written our letters to him yet so he had to come up with his own questions to himself which explains the interesting first question.)

There isn't too much to update you on in our area. I haven't been here almost at all this week. We had a few investigators at the pumpkin party which was great.

It is starting to get real chilly over here. Apparently there is going to be a Siberian frost coming through.

I love being a missionary in this ward, working with the members is great.

Have a great week, I'll have my next P-day a week from next Monday.

Elder Larsen

p.s. Check out the Bible Videos on lds.org. They are amazing.



No comments:

Post a Comment