Monday, October 22, 2012

Cow Stomach, Cow Toe, and Chicken Gizzard

Dear Family,

Here are the answers to your questions.

Question #1: What do you eat when the members feed you?

We get fed Pizza, Pasta, Sandwiches, Roasts, and all sorts.

Question #2: How much do you drive? Do you have a limit?

We are alotted 1500 miles a month.

Question #3: What is the best lesson you taught last week?

We taught Samu the Rugby player this past week. He really opened up. He talked about his religious background and we answered some questions that he has had for ages. He came to church yesterday!

I'm almost positive that an Elder Duncan didn't leave this most recent summer from the England London Mission. How strange. It's the type of name I would remember.

Oh Mom, I feel so badly for you. It must be so hard to wait so long to see Marty. Haha.

We have a flat inspection in the coming week. Do you think you could send Nunners (Savannah) over to clean for us? Unlike her, I'm not a lover of cleaning.

I got a letter from Elder Ashcroft this last week. I'm a bit jealous. He said he's already tried Elk, Deer, and Bear meat. The coolest things I've tried are cow stomach, cow toe and chicken gizzard. It sounds like he's really enjoying his mission.

Matthew, I accept your challenge for an ultimate showdown.

The last week has been great. The work in the Duston ward has really improved in the last couple of weeks. The past week we contacted a referral we got from a member. It was great. She was a Russian lady with a few kids and her husband who almost became a Church of England Priest back in the day. Right now we just teach her. She wants her kids to learn but they aren't keen right now. Hopefully they come to the ward's pumpkin party this week.

In this area we don't really do any street contacting, just tracting and working with members. Lots of other missionaries don't like tracting but I like it a lot and it's successful so far.

I like the people in the Duston ward so much, I think I'll come back and live here some day. The members here are super amazing. They just give and give and give.

I hope everything is going great in the U.S.A.

I love teaching about the Restoration. Have a great week.

Yes, I did get the packages. Thank you for the Twinkies. I'll give out the Zone Perfect bars this week. Thanks.

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment