Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Yorkshire Puddings

Dear Family,

Here are the answers to your questions.

Question #1: Do you prefer American food or English food? Certain people here want to know if you eat much fish and chips, head cheese, or blood sausage?

To be honest, I'm not really sure what American food is. Hot dogs? Hamburgers? Those things are famous in America, and I must say perfected there, but not invented there. I enjoy a good gravy-covered roast dinner. They have yorkshire puddings here which we don't, those are nice. I don't have fish and chips much, never heard of head cheese, and hope I never eat that sausage.

Question #2: Have you found that if people actually read the Book of Mormon they are more likely to be converted?

Yes, I haven't had almost anyone who actually read the Book of Mormon not progress.

Question #3: What was the most interesting experience you had finding people this week?

We were walking around talking to people in Tottenham and I saw a lady on a bench with her daughter. I went to talk with her. Turns out she didn't speak English. She spoke Portugese so the whole time we talked her daughter was translating. As the daughter was relaying the things I said, the spirit was quite strong. It was so sweet.

Kai Weser is in the same mission as my friend Nick, one of the guys I went to Skills USA with.

Today we are going to Hyde Park as a Zone to play some sports. I am so excited.

Gareth is interviewed and set to be baptized on Saturday, it's going to be great.

The Book of Mormon is key. Any investigator who reads it, unless they have zero real intent and sincerity, feels the spirit. Silvana said she feels the spirit when she reads it and it helps her be a better mother. It was great that she came to church Sunday. Dency, who was recently baptized, fellowshipped her.

Recently I have come to understand better how weak we are. It was great in Zone Conference when President Jordan ended by saying something like this: "We have learned a lot about skills today and that's important. The most important thing is your testimony..."

I pray for situations in which I can share my testimony with others. The great thing about a testimony is that when you share it, it grows. I know this church is true. Jesus Christ is at the center of my belief. I tremble when I think of what he has done for me. I strive to understand His life and I'm thankful for the tools we have to help us do that.

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment