Thursday, April 19, 2012

I Read Alma 5 in the Choobs

Dear Family,

Another great week. Guess what, Matt, I also played some ultimate frisbee this week, in fact today. The Zone was basically divided into the 2 districts. It was great to get out and run but indeed I am out of shape.

I can't believe Michael is going to Tulsa. Maybe he can go knock on the old house and baptize the people that live there. It is great to hear about everyone going on missions, good choice. I hope to continue to hear more.

Do I ever get annoyed with companions? Bah, you know me, of course not.... It can be hard to live with someone 24/7 but it is good practice they say. It is great with 4 people in the flat though. It shakes it up a bit. It can be hard but you just always have to realize we are all different. Our strengths may be different than the strengths of others, as well as our weaknesses. I am trying to learn to let my strengths fill in my companion's weaknesses and his strengths fill in my weaknesses.

Recently I have been reading a few talks that are amazing. The talk by Richard G. Scott about receiving revelation and inspiration is good. I made a list of the do's and don'ts of receiving revelation. They are long lists. Another is called Missionary Work and the Atonement by Jeffrey R. Holland, amazing. The other the whole mission read for an Easter Study. It is about the Character of Christ by David A. Bednar. That talk is amazing and I see it helping me to be better. I recommend them.

I have really focused this last week on being able to recognize the needs of others over my own needs. What a great example Christ set for us. In some of his most painful moments he thought of others when he could have done with the help much more than they. "Forgive them for they know not what they do."

I read Alma 5 in the Choobs the other day, it was a bit of a humbling experience. "Have you been stripped of pride... if not then you are not ready." I'm not ready, I know without the Saviour I never will be, but with him it can be done. "If you have felt to sing the song of redeeming love.... can you feel so now?" I try to read that chapter every once in a while to help me humble myself.

Experience of the Week: Saturday we were out knocking on doors, it was wonderful, within 20 minutes we got a couple of very good potential investigators. One is a lady who loved the idea of the Book of Mormon and the Plan of Salvation, that God doesn't leave anyone out. The other was a lady who we will go and have an FHE with her and her family. They were both amazing first contacts, but both we will see in about a week and a half. We are excited nonetheless.

I hope you guys have a great week. Love you lots,

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment