Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Character of Christ

Dear Family,

Question #1: Have you been cooking much lately?

Not much. The last thing I cooked was some pasta on Saturday. Occasionally I will also make bacon or hamburgers, sometimes sausage too, but theirs isn't quite like the sausage in the USA.

Question #2: Who are the new missionaries in your area?

Elder Dongen is from Holland, he was released as a Zone Leader to train Elder Davis who is from Sandy. The are both really great and we have fun times, it can just be hard to focus sometimes when we are all in the flat.

Question #3: How do you divide up the area now that you have two more missionaries?

There is no actual line to divide up where we do our work. We gave them some investigators, recent converts, and less actives to work with. Now that we have more we end up visiting a few more places we normally wouldn't go.

Matt, I am totally with you. I have been trying to get the other 3 elders to come outside with me and play night games but they keep ranting on about some rule about being in the flat by 9:30. Strange.

Skype could be possible on Mother's Day. I know other elders have done it, I would have to ask President Patch and find a member's home to do it at. It seems like it could be a bit of a hassle to set up, but who knows.

We ended up having President interviews this past Tuesday rather than this coming Tuesday due to other commitments President will have on this one. It was once again great to have interviews with President Patch. It is so great, I always feel really excited and filled with faith after talking with him. He really cares about us missionaries. It is strange to think he will be heading home in about 2 months now. I'll hate to see him go.

This past week the talk on the Character of Christ was resting on my mind a lot. I am really trying to see the needs of others even if my needs seem to be greater. The amazing thing is that when we sacrifice our needs to satisfy the needs of others we end up being more blessed than had we satisfied ourselves. For me that is a testimony of the Gospel, why else would we be blessed in that way unless it was by God.

Right now I am beginning to make a notebook of personal experiences that I can share in teaching. I know that as I share more of what I have gone through it will really help me relate the Gospel to others. If any of you have some good experiences that relate to a topic in the 5 missionary lessons in Chapter 3 of Preach My Gospel it would be great to get a letter so I can add those in too.

RKC House, Flat 4
586 High Road, Wembley
London HAO 4TL
England

I really enjoy being a missionary, I am learning a lot. Love you guys,

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment