Monday, November 14, 2011

Ponder the Word of God

Dear Family,

Here are the answers to your questions.

Question #1: Do you and your companion ever race on your bikes?

I have raced only 2 times on bikes. The first time was my first week riding vs 7 week Elder Siano and he beat me. The second time was 3 week vs 10 week Elder Siano and I was smoking him then I hit a red light and he ran it. Haha.

Question #2: Do you ever teach Sunday School? (Joey said he did all the time.)

I have only taught it 3 times so far. It's pretty good but in this ward they just talk away so we basically just stand up there and try to control it.

Question #3: How often do you speak in Sacrament Meeting?

I have only spoken once and it was about the Book of Mormon.

Bonus Question: Do you cut your own hair?

I cut my own hair with a shaver that Elder Sikahema left. I do all of it myself except the back trimming, which my companions do.

Oh mom, thank you so much for telling me about your juicy scrumptious meal, so kind of you when I'm starving. Haha. Wow I miss that kind of food.

Nice family pictures. I took a few pictures that I will send but next week I'll have to send one with me in my white shirt and... "Trousers". (Mom's note: We were all dressed in white shirts and "jeans" in the family pictures we sent him.) Marty looks....well, different. I've been away for about half of his life now. Haha.

This week has been good. It is starting to get colder so everyone tries to be my mother. Where is your coat, scarf, etc.

It's been a good week of work. We are starting to build up the area step by step and it is looking up. Last night we had a pretty good miracle story.

We were talking to people through town at about 5:00 yesterday and we stopped and were talking with a lady, very nice, but believes as long as you're Christian it doesn't matter what denomination. Then this crazy drunk starts talking to us, swearing and speaking blasphemy.

Another guy came and told him not to swear at us and to leave us be. He ended up leaving because the guy wouldn't listen to him. So, we endured another 5 minutes and said we had to go. We walked off with the lady and then came back because she needed to pick up her niece. We were staying with her until her niece came in case the drunk came back.

Then the other guy came and asked if everything was okay and apologized for the drunk. He was a bit drunk himself but was a nice guy. We talked about religion and he expressed doubts about the brass plates. So Elder Mahendran told him to open the Book of Mormon to find an answer.

He did right there and he read, "Ponder the work of God" and "Pray for understanding" ....hmmm. Coincidence? I think not. He is also moving into a place that is a 10ish minute walk from the chapel and we will see him Tuesday. Later that night he called and wants help to stop drinking because he said, "I can't be in your Church if I drink, can I?"

We will see. Also, after Elders Quorum, the son-in-law of a member said he wants to have us over for the missionary lessons so he can be baptized in the new year.

I'll be sending a picture of it, I have been having the most delicious breakfasts ever. Toast an English muffin, butter it, stick on some ham, cheese, and pepper, put it in the microwave and there you go. Some Cookie Crisp and a banana on the side and you are guaranteed a good start to the day. I eat that delicious breakfast while memorizing scriptures and my day is gooood!

Love you guys,

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment