Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Faster Pace

Dear Family,

Here are the answers to this week's questions.

Question #1: What do you miss most about Elder Flament now that he is gone?

I miss doing role plays in the morning with him. We would practice teaching every morning with him and it was really fun. We would do different accents and what not.

Question #2: How did your driving test go? Is it hard to get used to driving on the wrong side of the road?

I failed the test. Driving was really quite easy to get used to but I didn't use the mirrors or signal too great. Now that I know what they grade on, I could pass pretty easily.

Question #3: Have you taken any pictures lately? (hint, hint)

No, I will try to take some.

Lisa, of course you should go on the Dirty Devil backpacking trip.

We are transitioning now back to just the two of us without Elder Flament. We are moving back to a faster pace and leave the flat earlier without the new missionary studies. We are trying to do all we can to be led to people who are prepared for the gospel.

The Lea Valley Ward really has a need for leadership. This week we are going to pray for a vision of what we can do to help strengthen the church here. We may end up knocking on doors more, going to different finding spots, etc.

In working more with members recently, we have started to see some success. A sister in the ward that we shared a missionary message with has a daughter who isn't a member that we will teach this week. When we showed up to do service for another sister in the ward last week her friend was there and we are going to try to teach her next time we visit.

Missionary work is so different from normal life. We are not subject to normal problems in life. I love being able to put all my focus on serving the Lord. I always see evidences of the Lord's hand in our work.

I'd really like to hear more about Dad's and Joey's missions. I wonder how they are similar to this one? How did you find people to teach, etc?

I love to read the scriptures. The Book of Mormon and the words of living Prophets really do help me to understand more about Jesus Christ. I love how everything in the Church always traces back to Him.

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment