Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Feeling Rubbish

Dear Family,

Here are the answers to your questions.

Question #1: How do you get around in London?

We have an Oyster Card (London in Your Pocket" - priceless) for zones 2-3 which means we take trains and the tube (subway) in zones 2 and 3 unlimited and bus all over London unlimited. We take both 1 or 2 times a day.

Question #2: What is the church building like that your ward meets in?

The church is a normal size for England as far as I have seen. There are no benches in the chapel, we set up chairs. It has a baptismal font and about 8 rooms for classes, bishop's office, etc.

Question #3: What interesting experiences did you have finding and teaching people last week?

Hmmm, well, we were talking to people and we stopped an Indian-looking girl. We first asked her something about Jesus and she replied, "Yes, I believe in Jesus."

Then we asked her, "Do you believe families can be together forever?"

She replied, "Yes, I am a member of the church."

"This church?" I asked, pointing to my badge.

"Yes."

It was a surprise. She and her family were members in Pakistan. We continued talking to get to know her situation when Elder Hansen asked, "May I ask how old you are?" Haha.

She took two steps back and started saying, "Disrespect, disrespect, disrespect, don't you know you never ask a girl how old she is?"

I must admit, I was laughing quite hard. Later on, when we met her last Saturday, I very tactfully got her age out of her without her even noticing...haha. She is 25.

Good week, things are continuing to go well. The beginning of the week was amazing and the end was quite funny. Friday I had not been feeling well all day. During one appointment my head was throbbing and my stomach was unsettled.

Later, in our last appointment, I excused myself and made my way to the church restroom and lost my lunch. I came back to the appointment feeling a bit better and finished it. Then I started feeling rubbish again and lost more of my lunch. It was a fun weekend, but finally I am starting to feel pretty good.

It is good that you didn't drop the couch, I would not have been happy to come back to the cabin with a big hole on the middle floor, let alone a little brother with a broken neck. (Mom's note: Lisa, Matt and I had quite the adventure moving a couch up two floors at my parents' home.)

This area is so good, and the transfer is going by way fast. We are having a really fun time teaching some of our investigators. We teach a man called Hima, his family origins must be Indian or something, but it is so fun to listen to him talk.

Elder Hansen, Elder Machen (Zone Leader), and I all gave talks in Sacrament Meeting. It went pretty well.

Happy Valentines day, love you.

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment