Tuesday, September 6, 2011

"Want a Tic Tac?"

Dear Family,

Answers to your questions:

Question #1: What have you learned from the missionaries that you go on work-overs with?

The missionaries I am with on work-overs are always the really good ones, AP's, ZL's, and what not. I haven't been on on a work-over with a DL yet, oddly enough. The work-overs with the Zone Leaders always go really well. Especially now with me having younger companions these last couple times, the work-overs help me to make new goals. This last work-over with the Zone Leaders I learned how to make finding much more fun by using candy and things. "Excuse me, sir, want a tic tac?" and so on. Or when we stop someone and TTI (Teach Testify Invite) we get to have a tic tac. Fun stuff.

Question #2: What have you learned about President and Sister Patch?

President and Sister Patch met when they were at the slopes. A bunch of people were going down the mountain and Sister Patch saw the guy way ahead who was wearing a t-shirt and shorts (so I hear) while everyone else was bundled up. A man's man. President Patch always inspires me to keep on being exactly obedient, even though with members and missionaries it's not exactly popular. Sister Patch has said "I love you" to me more times than I can count. Especially my first day in the Mission Office I was getting a little creeped out honestly, but I love it. Sister Patch leaves no doubt that she cares about all the misionaries, especially the new ones.

Question #3: What's a funny experience you've had lately?

We were teaching a guy from Albania that was here studying English. He is a member of parliament in Albania. We really developed a good bond with him. We'll see what happens in the future, we'll stay in touch. So anyways, on his last day here we taught a lesson then he took us to get ice smoothies, had a chat and had to say goodbye. So, I say goodbye and give him a handshake. All the sudden he reels me in and gives me that European 2 cheek kiss thing. I'll tell you that was really creepy. . . haha. . . you know me. My companion doesn't hesitate to tell the members what my face looked like and what not.

Matt, clearly the Larsen genes are superior, they had no chance. (Matt wrote about competing on a ropes course with the teachers at mutual.)

Joey, I agree that Green Lantern was the best, one night I snuck out because I just had to see it. I loved that part when he recharged with the Lantern. Haha. Yes, I have seen ads on the buses my whole mission, X-Men, Green Lantern, Thor, Conan, Harry Pooper, Captain America, and now. . . Spy Kids? Fun stuff, all the good movies come out now. Oh well, it just means we'll have an awesome party in 2 years.

(Joey told Andy about a Missionary Tie that his Elders Quorum passes out for a week at a time and asked for his advice on how to use it well when it's his turn.) Hmm, a missionary tie. Unless you have someone in mind that you know, you could just carry a Book of Mormon in your hand or something. Something I have heard of is wrapping a Book of Mormon in Gold wrapping paper and writing a question of the soul on it and giving it to someone and promise an answer to that question. The #1 rule is just to OYM (open your mouth). Who am I to give you advice, you were a legend.

Grant is married, hah, that's just silly. Seems like the Hall family is growing perty fast now. I guess everyone got scared off when they met me before, but with me gone they don't have to worry.

The students are slowly starting to arrive, most should be here by the end of this week or so. Already this last week we have met with many more Chinese again. My Chinese has become quite weak over time. Now that they arrive, transfers is next week, we'll see if I can stay again. This time I think it is actually quite likely I'll stay luckily. Oops, did I just jinx it?

Today we will probably see if we can go through the colleges and things. I will try to take pictures even though it is completely against my nature.

Yes, Heidi, I am now blind and require to wear nerd glasses. Haha. I have actually thought about wearing those while I find and teach. Being here in Cambridge I think it would work quite well. Pull out my Posh old man English accent while wearing those and people may stop. Maybe wear a sweater underneath my suit as well. "Pardon there, sir" then they'll think, "Wow, I'd better stop, this guy must know what he's talking about." Haha.

I love you guys a lot, hope everything continues to go well across the pond, haha.

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment